Listen to this link: KVEL Interview with James Evans of UTGOP
If you want to know why Evans intimidates Democratic Party insiders, take a look at James’ Goals and Strategic Objectives. With his strong profile and vision, their party, candidates, and elected officials are going to have a tougher time making a case for issues that don’t reflect the mainstream Utah voters views. James Evans’ focus is to:
• Preserve the Caucus/Convention system, as it is, and implement processes to allow more participants and greater participation.
• Make sure every statewide and federal office is in Republican hands, with a priority on defeating Jim Matheson in 2014.
• Promote the UTGOP Platform.
• Help every county party become financially stronger through better and collaborative fundraising.
• Help every county party become more competitive through the use of technology and administrative best practices.
• Raise $1 million over the next two years to support Republican candidates. As Salt Lake County Chair, James raised over $500,000 over four years.
• Increase the Party’s margins in each of the State’s legislative chambers in 2014.
• Increase the number of registered Republican voters, and reach out to them to ensure they vote in 2014.
• Reach out to the Unaffiliated Voters across Utah to educate them about the UTGOP and to encourage them to join.
• Strengthen Republican Youth Groups (TARS, College Republicans, YR’s) and incorporate them into a winning statewide strategy.
• Create and conduct a consistent messaging campaign that presents the Republican philosophy, values, activities, efforts, and ideas.
-The immediate past Chair of the UTGOP Constitution and Bylaws Committee. Recent focus has been to look into ways to provide more participation in caucuses, and to possibly enable more participation by candidates in our election system.
-Former State Senator from Senate District 1.
-Over a decade of energetic county and state grassroots political work geared towards improving the health of the Caucus/Convention system.
-Over four years on the Salt Lake County GOP Bylaws Committee, working to reduce infighting and to streamline and improve the administration of the county party.
-Four years as the Chair of the Salt Lake County GOP, with a focus on improving precinct participation, countering the liberal media’s efforts to continuously portray Republican candidates and elected officials unfairly in a bad light, and winning races in normally liberal districts in Salt Lake County. Attendance at Salt Lake County GOP Central Committee meetings went from a low of 60 to regularly over 500.
-Personally participated in the training of every Salt Lake County candidate while County Party Chair.
-Successful fundraiser as the Salt Lake County GOP Chair, raising over $500,000.
-Served as precinct, legislative, senate and region chair as well as county, state, and national delegate.
-Graduated from Tuskegee University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering.